For Those Who Hate the Dentist, Sedation is an Option
At Lone Tree Modern Dental, we do everything in our power to make sure that our patients are comfortable and happy. We know that some patients are particularly anxious about trips to the dentist, so we offer a variety of sedation methods to help them calm down.
Who Should Seek Sedation?
When it comes to pursuing sedation, patients have a variety of rationalizations that often deal with personal feelings or experiences. If you feel that sedation is the best choice for you, any reason is a good one and no explanation is needed.
Some common reasons we hear at our office include:
- A hatred of the noises, smells and tastes associated with dental care
- High fear
- Difficulty getting numb
- A fear of needles and shots
- Previous traumatic dental experiences
- Very sensitive teeth
- A bad gag reflex
Understanding Your Options
Type of Sedation
At Lone Tree Modern Dental, you have the following sedation options:
- Nitrous Oxide (Laughing Gas): This is a mild form of sedation that allows patients to drive themselves home after their appointment.
- Oral Sedation (Pill): This is the perfect option for a patient who is afraid of needles. It is a relatively conservative option that involves taking a pill prior to the appointment.
- Intravenous Sedation (IV): If you choose to be sedated via an IV, you will be asleep for the duration of your appointment. Most patients remember being sedated, and the next thing they know they are awake and the appointment is over.
It’s important to note that, should you choose IV or oral sedation, you will need to arrange transportation home from your appointment. It is not safe to drive while affected by IV or oral sedation, and the effects will not wear off in time.
Ready to Get Started?