If you have been putting off your dentist appointment during the Coronavirus pandemic, you’re not the only one. In order to help those staying home more, we created an easy to follow list for the best at-home dental care tips! We are still recommending visiting your dentist during this time but follow this list in the meantime!
6 At-Home Oral Care Tips
- We all know it’s important to brush twice a day. Forgetting to do this can really impact the health of your teeth. In order to get the best results, try using a tongue scraper after you brush your teeth.
- Flossing is just as important as brushing! Brushing without flossing is similar to washing just the palms of your hands and forgetting to wash in between your fingers. Flossing removes bacteria and plaque that lives in between your teeth.
- It’s important to use fluoride infused toothpaste or mouth wash. When you miss a dentist appointment you’re missing out on a fluoride treatment.
- Trying to avoid sugary foods is good for your overall health, including your oral health. Bacteria feeds off of sugar and creates bad breath, tooth decay, and more! The more sugary foods you avoid the better shape your teeth will be in.
- Don’t brush after immediately consuming acidic beverages. Although you’re going to want to brush your teeth after drinking something acidic, acids are known to soften your hard enamel. Teeth can combat this issue with saliva. When you brush your teeth you strip away saliva!
- Continue to look out for bleeding gums, lumps, and any other out of the ordinary oral problems. Be sure to actively look for these problems and if you see any call your local dentist.
Visit Your Dentist
Being at home there is only so much you can do to ensure a healthy dental care routine. To ensure that you the healthiest smile, visit your dentist every six months. Lone Tree Modern Dental & Orthodontics will be sure to give you more tips and tricks you can use at home. Schedule your appointment today!